Use an egg
carton filled with 12 plastic eggs. As each egg is opened, the
resurrection story comes to life for young children.
1. Cradles a cracker, a remembrance of the Last Supper.
While they were eating Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to His disciples, and said," take, eat; This is my body. Matt. 26:26
2. Holds a dime, representing the silver coins Judas received for betraying
" What are you willing to give me to deliver Him up to You?" and they weighed out to him thirty pieces of silver.
3. Contains a piece of rope like the soldiers used to bind Jesus' hands
they arrested him.
So the Romans cohort and the commander, and the officers of the Jews, arrested Jesus and bound him.
4. Is filled with purple cloth, symbolic of royalty and the taunting Jesus
faced when He called Himself King.
The soldiers wove a crown of thorns and put it on his head, and arrayed Him in a purple robe; John 19:2
5. Carries a thorn for the prickly crown pressed onto Jesus' head.
the soldiers wove a crown of thorns and put it on His head, and arrayed Him in a purple robe; John 19:2
6. Opens to a cross representing the one Jesus died on so we could be
Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
7. Holds a nail. Christ was nailed to the cross.
This man, delivered up by the predetermined plan and fore- knowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hand of godless men and put Him to death. Acts 2:23
8. Has a piece of sponge, reminding us of the vinegar given to Jesus when
asked for water.
a jar full of vinegar was setting there; so they put a sponge full of vinegar upon a branch of Hyssop, and brought it up to His mouth. John 19:29
9. Carries a toothpick with foil tip, symbolic of the spear hurled into
One of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water. John 19:34
10. Contains a piece of gauze. Jesus' body was wrapped by His friends
So they took the body of Jesus, and bound it in linen wrappings with the spices, as is the burial custom of the Jews. John 19:40
11. Cradles a rock, symbolic of the tombstone rolled away by an angel.
And behold, a severe earthquake occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it. Matt. 28:2
12. IS EMPTY!! Jesus is no longer dead, but ALIVE!!!
He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying. Matt 28:6